1. Warm-up: Two dramatic read-throughs of Henry IV, 2.2 (yes--we're skipping ahead, but don't worry--we'll come back)
Click HERE for the slides on how to read through and perform 2.2; scroll down to the slide that reads, "Henry IV, Day 2."
Note: Please make at least one SYMBOLIC choice in your performance. For example, a group last year had Hal carrying around a crumpled up crown in his back pocket; during certain moments, he would take it out and smooth out the wrinkles.
2. Assignments for Act 1 scenes:
- Pub Crawlers-----1.3 to end
As you prepare with your Acting Groups...
- Read over the entire script together at least once.
- Paraphrase your lines to ensure that every person in your group understands them.
- Decide how you will deliver these lines; consider tone, dramatic pauses, volume, body posture, gestures, etc.
- Develop and implement at least one symbolic choice.
- Select costumes that fit your character group, literally or symbolically.
- Practice a few times.
1. Bring in any materials you need for your performance on Monday.
2. Independent reading.