Focus: Synthesizing larger ideas about Wuthering Heights
Please take a laptop today.
1. Group warm-up: Read and react to Charlotte's original Preface to Wuthering Heights
2. Individually: Think through Wuthering Heights as you continue with your Big Question Blog post.
a. Please include specific moments and quotations from the novel in your discussion.
b. Remember that your entry does not need to be a thesis-driven, five paragraph essay (unless that's what you prefer). Feel free to wander a bit, ask questions, and engage your own, unique voice and style.
3. Final Socratic Seminar: Chapter XXX through the ending of Wuthering Heights. Bring your completed Venn diagrams.
4. If time allows, read and leave comments on each other's posts. They are all linked to the right side of our class blog.
1. Finish your blog entry if you did not do so in class.
2. If you have a school copy of WH, please bring it to class tomorrow to turn in.
3. Start reading your independent reading book if you have not done so.
4. Bring the handout on tone words that I gave out a couple of weeks ago; you will be able to use it on tomorrow's timed writing.
NOTE: The essay on your independent reading book is due October 16, which means that you'll want to finish reading your book by about October 7, which means that you have about two weeks to read.