1. Using your found poetry to consider today's focus question (feel free to use the questions below for help):
- In Beloved, what is lost?
- What do the characters want to lose?
- What do they wish to reclaim?
- What is found?
- What has the potential to be found?
2. Viewing the Baby Suggs scene: What is being reclaimed, and how?
3. Discussing the end of Part 1 and the beginning of Part 2 of Beloved via Socratic seminar
1. Read chapters 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Part 2 (don't worry--they're short) for Friday. We'll keep the reading ticket short and sweet this week; just use any five of the Socratic stems I gave out last week (they're also linked to the class website) to form five good Socratic questions. You can just write them in your Beloved book or your composition notebook.
P.S. We're actually listening to Morrison read these chapters tomorrow in class, so hopefully that will help you manage your workload and your sanity this week.
2. Keep pushing through that critical review book.