Focus: How do AP Lit book clubs work?
1. Warming up: Listening to a page from each of the book club possibilities:
James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Albert Camus' The Stranger
Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five
Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre
Ian McEwan's Atonement
2. Taking a little more time to peruse and form book clubs
3. Setting up the reading and syllabus calendar with your book club and establishing the means by which you will share information with me...Google folder? Google site? Blog? Good old-fashioned notebook?
Book clubs will meet on the following eight days:
February 24, 26, and 28
March 3, 5, 17, 19, and 21
Note: March 21 will be your final discussion day for book clubs.
4. Searching for that next poem, and, if you're ready, running it by me
1. Your first book club meeting is this Monday; complete your assigned book club reading/syllabus.
2. Poetry response #6 due this Monday-ish.
3. Decide on your poetry paper/project poem by next Thursday and bring it to class for a metacognitive writing.