1. Warming up: Discussing your essays in small groups
2. Workshopping your essays as a class (or however you like to do this with Mrs. Makovsky)
3. Wrapping up: Before giving your essays back to Mrs. Makovsky, please write me a little note on the front that states the following:
- What's something helpful you got from class today that you could apply to your essay?
- What would you like me to focus on when I grade your essay? In other words, what do you think you need the most help with?
1. Read Chapters 1 and 2 of Beloved and compose a one page response to the following question: How is 124 (the house) a character in the novel so far? What kind of character is it? What are the most revealing/significant details about the house?
2. Finish your poetry packets, por favor.