1. Warm-up: Celebrating the life and times of Ms. Charlie Payne
From Mr. Ahern: I've had Charlie in Drama and Public Speaking. It's easy to come up with good things about here, but they sound so generic. She is a hard worker, she always gets her work done, she puts forth an excellent effort, etc. I'd rather come up with something unique. The first thing I think of is her small stature. So I'd want my quote to be something like "The tiny, tremendously terrific thespian...and public speaker."
From Ms. Durow: Charlie is always in a positive mood and has a sweet disposition
From Mrs. Winn: I have only know Charlie for a semester but what a blessing to have in class. Compassionate, loving, courageous and full of beauty.
From Mr. McMullen: I have Charlie in Tech Studies. Charlie is a sweet, kind hearted girl! She is a creative, conscientious, hard working student who always has a smile and positive attitude.
From Mr. Spare:
From her mama: "Every time I see this picture it evokes so much emotion - it is one of my all time favorites of her! This picture inspired me to write Charlie a letter about being strong in all aspects of her life, intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Now I know I was writing about Warrior Strong."
2. Taking on the big fat multiple choice section
1. Please read the next four chapters in Beloved by this Friday. For your reading ticket, please find one word that you've taken notice of in the novel so far (perhaps because it's repeated, or because Morrison's using it in a new way), and type a paragraph or two exploring its meaning. Please include at least one textual passage in your response.
2. Next poetry response due next Monday.
3. If you haven't done so yet, please acquire and start reading your critical review book.