PLC: Shortened Class
Focus: How can we improve our poetry timed writings?
1. Warming up: With a partner, make a quick t-chart (or Venn diagram) in which you list words/phrases from the Dickinson poem that have a direct correlation, either through similarity or contrast, with words and phrases from the Frost poem
2. Discussing the poems separately and together in terms of moments (imagery, diction, punctuation, etc), movements, and multiple meanings
3. Browsing the rubric and sample essays; if time, applying the rubrics to our own essays
1. Read your critical review book (and bring it to class on Friday).
2. Read through Chapter 16 for tomorrow. As you read, keep a Google doc where you simply type favorite/intriguing/seemingly important words and phrases from these chapters. You'll want at least ten, but the more, the better.