Please turn in your poetry packets.
1. Warm-up: Enjoying a few rounds of musical chairs with your Beloved reading tickets
2. Discussing the first two chapters of Beloved, either via Socratic seminar or small groups (your choice)
3. Wrapping up: Share with the class...
- Something smart
- Something random you noticed
- Something confusing
1. Read the next two chapters of Beloved by Tuesday. For your reading ticket, please close read a character (other than the house). Pick the character that intrigues you the most so far, find a few good passages for that character, and interpret/question/investigate them to draw some conclusions about that character.
2. Complete your poetry response for one of the poems in Paul and Nick's packet; print one copy for me, and, if you feel comfortable with it, print one copy for Paul and Nick.
3. Please complete the multiple choice practice before next Thursday's class. Set aside 55 minutes (or an hour--whichever it says on the packet) so that you can do the entire thing at once.