Please turn in your poetry responses.
1. Warming up: Learning a few tricks to unraveling the sonnet...
You can often recognize it because it's square ("If It's Square, It's a Sonnet).
The form ties directly to the content:
- Look at the first four lines together, the next four lines, the third four lines, and then the final two.
- Find the shift (circle your but's).
If it's Shakespearean, prepare yourself for a little inversion.
2. Returning to the sonnet on the multiple choice, as well as a few other sections.
3. Figuring out how AP scoring works
1. Read your critical review book (and bring it to class on Friday).
2. Read through Chapter 16 for Thursday (this is a large chunk of reading designed to be spread out over the next several days; please don't save it for Wednesday night). As you read, keep a Google doc where you simply type favorite/intriguing/seemingly important words and phrases from these chapters. You'll want at least ten, but the more, the better.
3. I will have your next poetry packets in class tomorrow.