Focus: How can we better understand the characters in Beloved?
Please turn in your second round of poetry responses.
1. Warming up: Getting together other people who took interest in your character; getting to know that character by responding to some creative writing prompts
2. Discussing the first four chapters of Beloved, Socratic seminar style
3. Wrapping up!
1. Change of mind: We're going to do the multiple choice practice in class tomorrow. If you already did this last Thursday, you can bring Beloved or your critical review book to read in class.
2. Please read the next four chapters in Beloved by this Friday. For your reading ticket, please find one word that you've taken notice of in the novel so far (perhaps because it's repeated, or because Morrison's using it in a new way), and type a paragraph or two exploring its meaning. Please include at least one textual passage in your response.
3. Next poetry response due next Monday.