Thursday, May 1, 2014

A.P. Lit Is Happy It's May: May 1, 2014

Focus: How are we all like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?

1. Warming up by celebrating Evan!

From Mrs. Marron: I have really enjoyed having Evan in class - his quiet leadership in small groups has been such a joy, and I know others will benefit from his presence. I'm crossing my fingers that physics is in his future!

From Mrs. Leyden: I feel like it is out of Evan's comfort zone to be taking scuba class. I admire how he is always in the water and works to accomplish every skill. I admire his courage. I hope he knows this. 

From Mr. Siekmeier: Evan is a competitive dancer!  --Not what you would guess from his quiet nature in the classroom.  Evan was in my class as a sophomore and I recommended him for AP.  He was a stalwart student, despite making the skip.  Evan made an independent study of An American Childhood by Annie Dillard, wherin he wrote a superlative response paper to this work, something I found insightful, even having taught the book numerous times. His personal discipline was evident in his careful attention to all dimensions of assignments.  The class atmosphere was also benefitted by Evan’s wry humor and positive demeanor...Evan is a gem.  In all my years of teaching, I’ve rarely encountered an individual who has such an impressive record of involvement and accomplishment combined with authentic character. 

From Evan's Blog: "I Think This Play Has Affected My Ability to Write"



From Evan's mom: As you can see, at the age of four, Evan was practicing poses for his senior picture! This is also the age he started taking piano lessons, which led to his undeniable love of music.  Whether he is playing a musical instrument, Irish dancing to music, or just listening to music on his iPod, Evan doesn't miss a beat!

2. Offering you a few quick culminating essay reminders

Staple your question/booklist to the front of your essay.
Include an MLA heading.
Include a header (Your last name   Page #) in the upper right corner of each page.
Cite each quotation properly.
Attach a properly formatted Works Cited page that includes all works referenced in your essay.


3. Acting out the rest? of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and picking out important passages

HW: 
No homework.  Just kidding--culminating essays are due tomorrow, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment