1. Warming up: Close reading a passage from yesterday
PLAYER: We keep to our usual stuff, more or less, only inside out. We do on stage the things that are supposed to happen off. Which is a kind of integrity, if you look on every exit being an entrance somewhere else. (28)
- In your lives, how would you define living "offstage" to living "onstage"? In other words, when are you are offstage, and when are you onstage? For example, is your school life offstage or onstage, and why? Is there such a thing as "offstage"?
- What is the player revealing about his acting troop's intentions? Why is there integrity in this?
- What does he mean when he says that every exit is entrance somewhere else?
- How is this an example of metafiction? In other words, how is this a comment on what this play is about?
2. Enjoying Act II of R & G, the film version (start at 29ish minutes)
3. Wrapping up with your four focus questions
Culminating essay due this Friday.
Submit your Bedside Stack request by tomorrow.