1. Warming up with the bedside stack
2. Looking back over what we read and Friday and brainstorming responses to the following questions in your composition notebook:
- Why do you think Stoppard selected these two characters for his play?
- How does he re-create them? In other words, though they are "dreadfully uniform" in Hamlet, they start to take on distinct personalities in Stoppard's play. How are they each characterized?
- What elements of the Theatre of the Absurd have you noticed so far?
3. Acting out the rest of Act 1 in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Start working on your bedside stack (it goes hand in hand with the culminating essay).
Culminating essay due this Friday, kids.