1. Warm-up: Composing your 6-word memoir and sharing it...or not
2. Discussing How To Read Literature Like a Professor:
a. Commenting on each other's summer reading assignments, musical chairs style
b. Discussing your assigned chapters in small groups:
- Review, enjoy, and discuss each of your assigned chapters together, reading aloud pertinent passages and talking through your thoughts on Foster's main ideas.
- For each chapter, please prepare the following to share with the class:
- The best quotation (or two) of the chapter
- A summary of the chapter's main ideas
- Your opinion of this chapter
- An application to the fairy tale/children's story of your choice
c. Sharing your findings with the class and creating a "Pocket Foster" document as a class
3. Reading "Werewolves in Their Youth" in a large circle
1. Please complete your sheet of 26 questions and bring in your signed class policies by tomorrow (Wednesday).
2. Finish reading and annotating "Werewolves in Their Youth" for tomorrow's first Socratic seminar.
3. We will have our first timed writing on Thursday, and it will involve "'Werewolves" and Perrine.