Focus: What would we like to know about each other and about A.P. Literature?
1. Telling you a little about my journey
2. Introducing yourselves using an
unusual pet peeve or phobia, a “guilty pleasure” (in other words, embarrassing) song on your iPod, and/or a personal quirk
3. Enjoying a little flash fiction: Writing your 6-word memoir and sharing in small groups
4. Investigating the syllabus and calendar and asking me anything you'd like know
5. Distributing personal information sheets and "Werewolves in Their Youth"
1. Bring How To Read Literature Like a Professor and the summer assignment that correlates with it to class tomorrow (Tuesday). You will need these for discussion, and you will also be turning in this portion of the summer reading assignment tomorrow; don't worry about "Wild Geese" just yet.
2. Please sign the class syllabus and fill in the personal information sheet by Wednesday, August 21.
3. Read "Werewolves in Their Youth" by Wednesday; please form discussion questions for Wednesday's Socratic seminar as you annotate (you can just jot these down in the margins of the story).
4. This Thursday you will have your first AP Lit timed writing; it will focus largely on "Werewolves..."