1. Prewriting and small-group discussion of topics related to Invisible Man.
2. Easing our way into Invisible Man--Thinking out loud as we read The Prologue
- Rude student discussion: Interrupt the reader by blurting out questions and comments.
3. Tomorrow and maybe Wednesday--3 poems (The M&M Method of Reading Poems)
- Read: Prologue+Chapters 1-5 of Invisible Man. Due Thursday.
- Reading Ticket for Thursday's Socratic Seminar:
- Find a challenging, beautiful, intriguing, or maddening passage. Quote it at the top of your paper. Then write a paragraph or two interpreting/reacting to it. What about this passage interests, confuses, or bothers you and why?
- One good discussion question for each chapter. (That's five questions!)