- M--Poetry drill--How to Read a Poem
- T--Tuesday writing--a modern poem by William Carlos Williams
- W--Late-start day, shortened period. Workshop Tuesday's essay.
- Th--Discuss Chapters 6-10 of Invisible Man.
- Friday--Discussion--Invisible Man and Time magazine article.
Go into small groups (no larger than 4, please). Using the poetry drill I've handed you, break down the poem, "Tornadoes." At the end of class, you'll be asked to write and share a thesis and topic sentences for an A.P. style question about the poem. This exercise will give you a useful strategy for unlocking the meaning of any poem you encounter on an A.P. exam!
HW--Invisible Man, Chapters 6-10 due Thursday. (Ticket is described on Friday's class blog.)