1. Warming up with our final poetry project presentation(s)
2. Enjoying a little freewriting:
"It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man at Shawshank felt free."
"Get busy living or get busy dying."
"Hope is a dangerous thing."
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
3. Reading Albert Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus"
- What is the absurd hero?
- What is the nature of his struggle?
- What makes him tragic?
- What makes him happy?
- What is the nature of his freedom?
4. Considering yourself as a tragic hero (or not)
What does your mountain consist of? What about your boulder? Your endless sky?
What makes you pause at the top, and what do you think of?
What makes you pause at the bottom, and what do you think of?
What compels you to push the boulder up the hill once again?
Prepare for Monday's book club meeting.