Focus: What is (d)evolving in Invisible Man, and what remains unchanged?
1. Warm-up: Exploring the evolving (or devolving?) patterns in Chapters 1-16 of Invisible Man
Find the single most important line in your assigned chapter and read it aloud.
As you listen, consider what these lines have in common. In other words, what patterns do they establish?
Draw conclusions by considering these questions:
What's evolving? What only seems like it's evolving?
What's staying the same, and why is this important?
2. Socratic seminar: Chapters 15 and 16 of Invisible Man
3. Wrapping up discussion and exchanging bookmarks
1. Go back to your metacognitive writing and paste your poem directly into it. Also, at the top of your writing, please indicate whether you are completing a project or a poem.
2. Bring your paper/project materials to class tomorrow, which will largely be a work day and conference day.
3. Read Chapters 17 and 18 of Invisible Man for Friday's Socratic; remember that your bookmark and your annotations are your reading ticket.