Please make a name tag. (Mrs. Makovsky is a struggling learner who still doesn't have all of your names in her brain.)
2. No reading ticket? No desire to participate? See Mrs. Makovsky for an alternate assignment:
- Post a detailed summary of the discussion on the class blog (under comments, below)
- Track comments from participants
- c=comment or response
- !=Wow--a breakthrough moment
- " "=quotation given
- Log specific references to text--page and line numbers
HW--Read Act V and prepare for Friday's acting groups:
- Courtiers: 5.1. Suggestion: Cut out repetitive material about the rebel cause and discuss why it is repeated.
- Rebels: 5.2
- All Groups: 5.3 and 5.4. The battle!! All groups come together to fight. Assign speaking parts and one director for the battle. It is very important that actors with speaking parts rehearse well. No standing like statues this time. We need fighting and dying.
- Pub Crawlers: 5.5 (Most of the tavern crew stayed at home, so please lower yourselves and play courtiers today....)
To allay confusion, please use simple props or costumes to distinguish characters. For example, Henry wears the crown; Falstaff, a padded hoody. If you hate costumes, at least create name tags for the various characters.